Thursday 20 August 2009

Who do you think you are?

Recently I have become obsessed with the BBC programme 'Who do you think you are?', I'm not sure why I just randomly watch it one night and got hooked!
For those that haven't seen it, celebrities research their family history and find out what happened to lost relatives or what they worked as or about marriages/relationships that took place during their lives.
Most of the time the celebrity research's a relative that their families no little off which can sometimes lead to very emotional episodes.
I have always been interested in history, I get it from my dad, I find it so interesting and fascinating. Watching this has made me wonder about my ancestry - we all have it after all! I know that I have a lot of family in New Zealand and Australia but that is about it really. I know other things like how people died and their occupations but apart from that I know little else. My surname is not Scottish and I would love to know how I ended up with this surname as from what I know my grandparents on my dad's side were Scottish.
Anyway, enough of this ramble!
Anyone else watched 'Who do you think you are?'?
Maybe one day, I will research my ancestry but for now I will leave it as a blank :) x

3 comments:

  1. I do, its a great show :)
    The one with Kim Cattrall was good.

    Ahaa did you hear Michael Parkinson was going to be on it but they couldn't find anything interesting about his history so they didn't do it aha

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nic Yeah, she seemed like a nice person too :)

    Really? ha :P x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing everyones thoughts so please leave a comment x