Saturday 21 August 2010

Five Things I've Learnt in my Twenty Years. Part Two.

Welcome to part two of the six week series of things I have learned in my twenty years on this planet. Part one can be found here.



6. Go into things with an open mind.


If you are going to go into something with a negative attitude then it will be a generally negative experience. I guess this relates to having a positive attitude.
Don't expect everything from entering a situation, take it as face value & make the most of it otherwise it will be a miserable experience.

7. Don't change for anyone.
No matter what, be yourself. Easier said than done sometimes but if you are yourself 100% of the time you will be so much happier. This relates to the group of 'friends' I mentioned in my first one of these posts I changed into someone that I wasn't, I wasn't being true to myself & wasn't a particularly nice person to be around looking back.
Stay true to who you are, at the end of the day you are the one that has to live with yourself so you may as well live with a happy self!
8. Take the good with the bad.
Not everyday is going to be a good day. Some days will just be pants! There will be days when everything goes wrong & you just want to cry but then there will be days when you will be very content.
This goes with situation as well, the girl I was best friends with at secondary school & I bickered a lot some days we were really close & everything was good other days we couldn't stand to be around one another. It wasn't because we didn't want to be friends we were just very similar & clashed heads on things.
9. Tell those that you love, that you love them!
Last June my Grandpa died, if I am being honest it still hasn't fully become true to me because he lived down the road & we saw him all the time. My one regret is not telling him how much he meant to me because he meant a huge amount to me & was a massive influence in my life! I'm sure he knew I loved him but I wish I had let him know just how much.
If you love someone, make sure they know it!

10. Some people aren't nice! (to be frank!)

Not everyone will be friendly or nice, that is just how they are. The naive sixteen year old in me thought that everyone was a nice person something which I quickly learned when entering retail. People will be rude, stuck up, arrogant - it is just how they are, unfortunate but you just have to brush it off!

Part three will be coming up next Saturday. I will be doing my week in outfits tomorrow or possibly Monday & I have another wee cheeky getting to know you post coming up x



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing everyones thoughts so please leave a comment x