Friday 15 May 2009

Cannes

The Cannes Film festival is all about glamour!!
The papers have been saying that today's 'stars' don't have as much sophistication and class as stars from the 40s and 50s and I will agree some don't but when I saw this picture of Elizabeth Banks and Aishwarya Rai.
Aishwarya Rai is the L'oreal brand ambassador and Elizabeth Banks is the new world spokesperson for L'oreal.
Ok, so they aren't technically stars but the wore amazing dresses and looked very elegant and chic which is what its all about really!

I'm just going to talk about Elizabeth Banks' dress because its my favourite out of the two!

I love everything about this dress but I will start with the colour....

a hot pink-red that really works with her skin tone. The one shoulder is really on trend and make it a little edgier than a strapless gown. The knot on the side with the overflow of fabric is beautiful and is really what makes the dress something special, in my opinion.

Elizabeth kept her hair and make up really simple, going for an old school Hollywood feel and accessorised with a very simple diamond bracelet.

Anyone else seen any other nice dresses at Cannes?

x

2 comments:

  1. Latley i'm loving the off the shoulder look for dresses i think they are classy and add a old hollywood glamour.

    Stef...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @I'm so bored

    Yeh - its different to having two strap or none aswell :D x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing everyones thoughts so please leave a comment x