Wednesday 6 August 2008

Five Make-up Essentials for Autumn/Winter

With winter just around the corner (sadly!) I thought I would share with you the five thing I will be investing in this winter.



1. A MOISTURISER

Clean & Clear Oil Free Dual Action Moisturiser will keep your skin hydrated and soft when it's cold outside. The cold tends to dry out your skin so this will add moisture, keeping your skin soft and smooth! With it being oil free it doesn't clog your pores and it also has ingredients in it to help prevent spots and blemishes which is always a plus in my book. In the UK you can get this from Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, Asda almost anywhere that sell Clean & Clear products.





2.A FACE EXFOLIATOR



With the cold weather drying out the skin it is an essential to exfoliate to get rid of any dead skin. You could choose any exfoliator you like but I like this one because it is very gentle on the skin, this is essential to me as I do have a few blemishes & spots and a hard exfoliator would open these up and they would get infected. An exfoliator will refresh your skin leaving it looking clear. It will also make for smoother make-up application which is always a plus!!



3. A GOOD FOUNDATION

A good foundation is an essential in the winter months. I chose MAC Studio Fix Fluid
because it gives good coverage and it build able. It is quite thick but it makes the skin look flawless and is a favourite of mine in the winter time when I'm feeling a bit yuck basically. It gives a gorgeous matte finish and is long lasting & oil-free so
you won't get that greasy look to your skin. A little spray of Fix + to stop it looking cakey and you are good to go.



4. CARMEX

During the winter I tend to get really dry chapped lips which is never ever a good look! I use Carmex lip balm to keep my lips soft and moisturised. I put this on in the morning when I'm putting on my face moisturiser or before i apply lip gloss/stick. It creates a nice smooth base to apply the gloss or lip stick. It is a fantastic product and is not expensive at all. I have tried loads and loads of lip moisturiser over the years and I have to say this one is the best I have ever tried. All the others are a waste of money. Carmex is available in jar form (pictured), squeeze on tube which is good for on the go (I keep one of these in my bag) or in stick form which is also good for on the go. It also now available in cherry form but I think I will be sticking to the original as I'm not a big cherry fan!






5. A GOOD BODY LOTION & EXFOLIATOR
Your skin will dry out all over your body not just on your face and it is essential to keep it moisturised. I love using The Body Shop's Body Butters and Body Scrubs. They are £12 each but totally worth the money also you get a free gift if you spend over £20 so it isn't all bad! They come in a wide range of scents from Coconut(pictured) to Strawberry, Satsuma, pink grapefruit loads! So you are sure to find one that you will like. They are great as they really do work with your skin and make it look at its best. I suffer from eczema and I find that if I moisturise with one of the Body Butter's everyday and exfoliate once a week with the Body Scrubs it isn't as bad. These are a great buy and really do make your skin look fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing everyones thoughts so please leave a comment x