Friday 2 January 2009

MAC's Samoa Silk



This is an eyeshadow that I bought along time ago, put in my palette and hardly touched.

To be honest I think I only bought it because of the name - but I'm not sure why?!

Last night I was messing around with make up getting ready to go out with friends and I decided I would do a brown smokey eye. I used Samoa Silk as an all over lid colour and it is a pretty neutral colour that I think could be worn during the day to brighten up the lid area. It is about 2 shades warmer than my skin tone and warms up the eye area making me look more awake and opening my eyes up.

I think I'm going to start wearing this all over my lid more. I did pay for it so I might as well use it instead of letting it sit in my palette along with all my other shadows that I never use.

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I love the name, too, but not sure if it would go well with my skin tone (I'm NC43) and I'm still on the fence if I should get it as a lid color or not since it's a peach and a warm color, which may not complement my cool tone. Still, I may just get it for the name. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I've yet to touch it! Today might be the day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing everyones thoughts so please leave a comment x